Coffee makers have evolved in a big way over the years with examples like the Technivorm, Newco OCS-8 and OCS-12, and the Bonavita, all of them great in a unique way. They are all well-built and impressively designed to brew enough hot coffee for a sizeable group and are very robust, sufficient to work all day long. Examples of how coffee brewers have evolved lie in the significant details about them like shower head integrity, brew temperature, thermal storage of their brewed coffee among other facts.
At one point in time, the brew temperature wasn’t often thought of as a key factor in getting the best results but now we know it as a critical feature in coffee makers. The Brazen Coffee Maker is a good example one of the best coffee machines on the current market. The new and improved Brazen Plus coffee maker is the latest edition of a feature-filled auto drip coffee-making machine from a company best-known for its famous roaster “the Behmor 1600”. I have a feeling that the Brazen Plus is going to be a very popular auto drip coffee maker option due to its numerous features that even the most advanced coffee makers lack.
Key features of the new Brazen Coffee Maker include;
* Pre-Soak function with User Controlled Time Setting
* On Board System Temperature Calibration
* Altitude Correction
* Capacity: 1.2L/ 8 Cup/ 40 ounces
* Full Saturation Water Dispersion Spray head
* Variable Temperature Controls (190 to 210 degrees Fahrenheit with 1 degree Fahrenheit increments)
* Power Controlled Temperature Glide
* Manual Water Release Feature
* Stainless Steel Water Reservoir
* Rated 1400w/ 120v/ 60hz
* Insulated Stainless Steel Carafe
* BPA Free
* Memory (on board) – stores system settings
– Huge brew head with numerous, throbbing drip gaps
– Versatile – because you can practically do anything you need with this espresso maker
– Supports pre-mixture setting
– Thermal carafe – keeps espresso more sizzling longer than the Bonavita BV1800
– Brew temperature adjustment – besides the Bonavita Variable Temperature Kettle, I don’t have the foggiest idea about any other coffee maker that does this
– Comes with a Two-year warranty
– Slightly hard to learn how to use the machine – it has an excellent user manual, however regardless of that fact, it can take a straight 0 to 15 minutes to make sense of how to run the machine
– Condensation on the reservoir lid and shower head can be a bit annoying.
– Carafe pour could be better – despite the fact that this is the latest improved version; it doesn’t stream as easily as the Bonavita’s carafe
Going for about $200, I find this coffee maker to be well worth it regarding value, so do several reviews, but its price is definitely on the higher end for an auto drip coffee makers. Also, the Brazen Coffee Maker doesn’t have many design or usability flaws. The condensation build-up can be a little bit annoying at times, but considering the coffee maker has a stainless steel reservoir, BPA-free materials, a permanent gold tone filter and a very practical thermal carafe, it’s hard to underrate it.
While there is still need to try using the Brazen Coffee Maker with a paper filter, the permanent filter still serves the purpose. Sure, the coffee is not as good as what you would get from an Aeropress, but for an auto drip Coffee maker that gives you this much control and performance, I think the Brazen Coffee Maker deserves a full five stars.